Thursday, June 11, 2009

What an impact!

A very quick post becasue I am in the middle of finishing off assignment 2, but I had to share. In the process of having a quick study break, I was checking my emails and there was a message from a site I subscribe to, 'Essential Baby'. Quite often I delete these missives without opening them ( I am past the stage of 'What to feed your 6 month old'!), but today I did as the topic was about creating a smooth transition to school. As my daughter will take this mammoth leap next year I thought it was worth a read.

As I scrolled down the page, there was a link to an article about libraries...yes, the same one that Roy was quoted in. This article seems to have made a big impact! Although, to be honest, libraries have always been my first port of call for books etc, whether there is an economic downturn or not. Libraries provide a window into other lands, other worlds, other lives...how? Through the collection of books that line their shelves. My children already love visiting the library and we try to visit as often as possible. Children need to be immersed in literature and see the significant adults in their lives doing the same thing if they are going to love reading...oh, wait, that is a whole other bandwagon! Must get on and finish this assignment!

Just wanted to show how far that article had travelled!! See the link below if you haven't had a chance to read it yet.
http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/parenting/kids/book-now-libraries-are-top-shelf-in-family-attractions-20090601-bs5j.html

No comments:

Post a Comment